- Category: Hot Topics
- Created: Sunday, 15 March 2020 20:06
- Last Updated: Thursday, 21 January 2021 17:19
- Written by Jennifer King, District Public Information Officer and Risk Communicator
- Hits: 50814
FREE COVID-19 TESTING AVAILABLE IN NORTH GEORGIA. LEARN MORE HERE.
The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in December 2019, and is regularly coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Cases have been identified in a number of international locations, including the United States and Georgia.
This is still a rapidly evolving situation and information is subject to change, so here is where you can conveniently link to all updated information from both Georgia DPH and the CDC.
There have been hundreds of thousands of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia and thousands of related deaths. COVID-19 continues to spread in the North Georgia Health District. Click here to the Georgia DPH COVID-19 Daily Status Report for the latest numbers per county - updates daily at 3 PM.
As of Monday, January 11, 2021, COVID-19 vaccinations have been available to these groups of individuals during the newly expanded Phase 1-A of theGeorgia COVID-19 Vaccination Plan:
Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine and live or work in North Georgia?
Learn More... Click HERE.
Updates about COVID-19 Vaccine in Georgia for the general public, providers and healthcare professionals are on the Georgia Department of Public Health website. Click below:
Updated COVID-19 Quarantine Guidance
The CDC recently updated the quarantine guidance for close contacts - click here to access the most current DPH quarantine guidelines based on these updates and also reference the below graphic on quarantine details.
- About COVID-19
- COVID-19 Situation Update from the CDC
- How To Protect Yourself
- What to Do if You're Sick
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- Information about Large Public Gatherings
- Home Isolation and Disease Prevention in Household
- Testing Information
Resources for Specific Groups
- DPH Guidance for Specific Groups
- Resources for Households
- Resources for K-12 Schools & Childcare
- Resources for Colleges & Higher Education
- Resources for Travelers
- Resources for Higher Risk Groups, Pregnant Women, and the Homeless
- Resources for Businesses & Employers
- Resources for Community & Faith Groups
- Resources for Events & Mass Gatherings
- Resources for First Responders
- Guidance for EMS and 911 PSAPs
- Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities and Nursing Homes
Check out the PDF version of a children’s book that helps children understand our COVID-19 pandemic world when returning to school. Below is the book titled “I Am Going Back To School”, written by Aileen Mui and Vivian Wong - just click on the book below provided in English and Spanish and share with family, friends and associates who have children going back to school.