Ready to Quit
YOU can quit smoking today. We can help. When you are ready, we are here. Improve your chances of quitting by calling the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL).
English: 1-877-270-STOP (877-270-7867)
Spanish: 1-855 DEJELO-YA
Hearing Impaired: 1-877-777-6534
Hours of Operation: Available every day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including holidays)
What is the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line?
The Georgia Tobacco Quit Line is a public health service funded by the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement through the Georgia State Legislature. It is a FREE, confidential, and effective service available to assist Georgians with quitting smoking and all forms of tobacco, as well as alternative nicotine delivery systems, such as e-cigarettes and vaping devices. The quit line is monitored by GTUPP and partners with a national tobacco cessation vendor to provide telephone and web-based counseling services in accordance with the United States Public Health Service Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence Clinical Practice Guidelines. The services provided by the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL) are effective, evidence-based interventions to help Georgians quit smoking and using any other smokeless tobacco products (i.e., dip or snuff).
Who can call the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line?
An array of Georgians can call the quit line for their specific needs including tobacco users themselves; family members, friends, healthcare providers, public health professionals, employers, and any other Georgian. Services are provided for any tobacco user 13 years or older living in Georgia.
Which services are provided by the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line?
- Confidential, professional tobacco cessation telephone & web-based counseling to Georgia tobacco users aged 13 years and older
- 4-call program available to all Georgians
- 10-call specialty program available to pregnant and postpartum women
- Cessation services that address the use of all tobacco products, including smokeless tobacco products.
- Qualified interpreters work with specialists to accommodate callers who speak different languages.
- Referral to community resources
- *While supplies last, receive a free, 4-week supply of Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRTs) (gum or patch) available to Georgia adults aged 18 years and older.
- *While supplies last, receive a free, 4-week supply of NRTs (gum or patch) for Medicaid recipients aged 18 years and older.
What are the benefits of calling the tobacco quit line?
- Highly effective. Quit coaches improve the chances of quitting by 50%.
- Receive helpful quitting tips/techniques and support.
- Eliminates barriers of traditional cessation classes such as, waiting for a class to be held or having to drive to a location in order to be in a class.
- Provides easy access for people who live in rural or remote areas.
- Empowers callers who may feel uncomfortable with seeking help in a group setting