Progressive public health efforts at the Whitfield County Health Department state of the art dental clinic provide dental care, hygiene, assessment, education and treatment to children between the ages of 3 and 19. Especially targeted are children who have had limited or no access to dental care. Dentists also travel to Murray and Gilmer Health Departments to provide services.
Preventive and Clinical Services Include:
- Routine cleanings, exams, x-rays operative (fillings) and extractions
- Space maintainers
- Pulpotomy (Baby tooth root canal)
- Dental health programs for school and community groups
- Dental screening and referral services
- Emergency care
- Free language assistance
How to get a Dental appointment
Call your local clinic to schedule an appointment. If we do not travel to your county you may call the Whitfield County clinic for an appointment.
What to bring with you
- Current Medicaid Card
- Any documents pertinent to guardianship of a child under 21 years old
- A copy of previous dental records and x-rays, if new to the clinic
- Information regarding any significant Medical Conditions
- A current list of Medications
- Identification or Driver's license for adults
- Social Security number
- Proof of income (i.e., recent pay stubs, bank statement or other document that shows current income)
How are services paid for?
- Medicaid Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance accepted
- Private pay