** ALERTS **
North Georgia Health District office employees and district level services recently moved from Bry-man's Plaza North to three office buildings off Chattanooga Road near the North Dalton Bypass.
- The main district administrative office is located at 1710 Whitehouse Court in Dalton, and the main phone number is (706) 529-5757.
- District Women’s, Infant and Children (WIC) is at 1620 Hickory Street, and the district WIC phone number is (706) 529-5742.
- Children with Special Needs programs, including Children 1st, Babies Can’t Wait and Children’s Medical Services, are at 1622 Hickory Street, and that phone number is (706) 529-5763.
Better Health Starts Here
The North Georgia Health District is a part of the Georgia Department of Public Health. This District is comprised of six counties including Cherokee, Fannin, Gilmer, Murray, Pickens, and Whitfield County. Many programs and services exist throughout the district, all of which are designed to meet the needs of the people of North Georgia.
Our vision for the North Georgia Health District is healthy people, families and communities.
Our mission is to promote and protect the health of the people in the North Georgia Health District wherever they live, work and play, through population-based preventive programs including:
- Prevention of epidemics and the spread of disease
- Protection against environmental hazards
- Injury prevention
- Promotion and encouragement of healthy behaviors
- Responding to disasters and assisting communities to recover
- Assisting communities in assessing the quality and accessibility of health services