FREE COVID-19 TESTING AVAILABLE IN NORTH GEORGIA. LEARN MORE HERE.
The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) continues to closely monitor an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in December 2019, as well as its variants, and is regularly coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Cases have been identified in international locations, the United States and Georgia.
This is still a rapidly evolving situation and information is subject to change, so here is where you can conveniently link to all updated information from both Georgia DPH and the CDC.
There have been hundreds of thousands of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia and thousands of related deaths. However, there have also been many thousands of Georgians now vaccinated against COVID-19, including over 100,000 vaccinations distributed by public health in the North Georgia Health District. Click here to the Georgia DPH COVID-19 Daily Status Report for the latest data per county.
Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine and live or work in North Georgia?
Learn More... Click HERE.
ALERT: April 13, 2021 - Following the guidance of the FDA and CDC, Georgia is pausing ALL J&J vaccinations until further notice. Click HERE for more information.
Updates about COVID-19 Vaccine in Georgia for the general public, providers and healthcare professionals are on the Georgia Department of Public Health website. Click below:
Updated COVID-19 Quarantine Guidance
The CDC recently updated the quarantine guidance for close contacts - click here to access the most current DPH quarantine guidelines based on these updates and also reference the below graphic on quarantine details.
- About COVID-19
- COVID-19 Situation Update from the CDC
- How To Protect Yourself
- What to Do if You're Sick
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- Information about Large Public Gatherings
- Home Isolation and Disease Prevention in Household
- Testing Information
Resources for Specific Groups
- DPH Guidance for Specific Groups
- Resources for Households
- Resources for K-12 Schools & Childcare
- Resources for Colleges & Higher Education
- Resources for Travelers
- Resources for Higher Risk Groups, Pregnant Women, and the Homeless
- Resources for Businesses & Employers
- Resources for Community & Faith Groups
- Resources for Events & Mass Gatherings
- Resources for First Responders
- Guidance for EMS and 911 PSAPs
- Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities and Nursing Homes
Check out the PDF version of a children’s book that helps children understand our COVID-19 pandemic world when returning to school. Below is the book titled “I Am Going Back To School”, written by Aileen Mui and Vivian Wong - just click on the book below provided in English and Spanish and share with family, friends and associates who have children going back to school.