2022 Theme: A Lasting Legacy
The North Georgia Health District joins Ready.gov in recognizing National Preparedness Month as an observance each September to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that could happen at any time.
In 2021, FEMA’s Ready Campaign and the Ad Council broke ground by producing the first-ever national preparedness campaign specifically targeting the Latino community for National Preparedness Month. Released during Hispanic Heritage month, the advertisements centered around the Latino community’s commitment to personal planning for occasions and family milestones as a bridge to also planning for disasters.
This one-of-a-kind campaign is committed to putting people first and reaching communities where they are. To continue these efforts, this year’s National Preparedness Month campaign will feature a call to action for the Black and African American community.
This year’s national public service announcements are being developed and will be released throughout the country this September, to help get preparedness information into the hands of those who live in underserved communities.
The life you’ve built is worth protecting. Prepare for disasters to create a lasting legacy for you and your family.
- National Preparedness Month Social Media Toolkit
- National Preparedness Month Social Media Graphics
- National Preparedness Month Animated Graphics
- 2022 National Preparedness Month Congressional Co-Chairs
- 2022 NPM Congressional Co-Chairs Graphics
- President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Signs Proclamation for National Preparedness Month 2022
- Personal Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities Social Media Toolkit
- Individuals with Disabilities
- A Lasting Legacy (:60)
- Build a Kit
- Build a Kit (Spanish)
- Make a Plan
- Make a Plan (Spanish)
- Protect Family and Property
- Protect Family and Property (Spanish)
- Teaching Youth
- Teaching Youth (Spanish)
2021 Theme: Prepare to Protect
Making a plan to prepare for disasters is the best way to protect your family.
- Prepare to Protect PSA: The Best Planner (:60)
- Prepare to Protect PSA: The Best Planner (español) (:60)
- Additional Prepare to Protect PSAs in English and Spanish
Last Updated: 08/31/2022