Children's Medical Services
Children’s Medical Services is a statewide program that supports children, youth and young adults (birth – 21) with special health care needs and their families. Children’s Medical Services provides assistance to eligible families and young adults with accessing timely and affordable health care services as well as needed resources within their communities.
- Genetic Counseling
- Inpatient/Outpatient Hospitalization
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Medications and Supplies
- Diagnostic Testing
The CHILDREN’S MEDICAL SERVICES program:
- Supports improved health and wellness for children and youth with special health care needs from birth to 21 years of age
- Provides early and continuous screening for children with special health care needs
- Connects children and youth to a medical home and adequate health insurance
- Help families manage their appointments and follow up treatments with health care providers and vendors
- Shares community resources with families
- Supports adolescents move from pediatric to adult health care
- 8,085 Georgia children and youth received services in SFY2018
Eligibility for Children’s Medical Services
- Eligible medical condition
- Annual Family Income: click here to view CMS INCOME Requirements
- Live in Georgia
Examples of eligible medical conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Asthma, cystic fibrosis, and other lung disorders
- Some hearing disorders
- Neurological and neurosurgery disorders including seizures, benign tumors, hydrocephalus, and others
- Orthopedic and/or neuromuscular disorders including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, scoliosis, clubfeet, congenital or traumatic amputations of limbs, and others
- Visual disorders including cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, and others
- Diabetes and other endocrine and genetic disorders
- Craniofacial anomalies (including cleft lip/palate)
- Congenital cardiac conditions
Click to Search a Comprehensive List of Conditions
Got a question?
Click to view our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
See our brochures below for more information:
NEED TO MAKE A REFERRAL? Complete the the form below and fax to 706-529-5767.
Parent to Parent of Georgia
Provide services to children and youth with disabilities and their families. Services include an on-line data base of various resources locally, educational trainings for parents and parent support program.
Special Needs Database: http://p2pga.org/index.php/database
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia
Provide services to expectant families. Services include prenatal education and resources to expectant mothers, breastfeeding support and education, and assistance with accessing health insurance.
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Portal: https://www.resourcehouse.com/hmhb/
American Academy of Pediatrics – GA Chapter: The official website of the American Academy of Pediatrics for parents on accurate, trusted and up-to-date information on issues regarding infants, children and adolescents.