Nutrition Services include:
- Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program for infants, children to age five, postpartum women for 6 months and breastfeeding women up to one year. Food Instruments are provided to purchase supplemental foods such as: milk, juice, cheese, cereal, dried beans and peas and infant formula.
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Free language assistance available
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning June 1, 2023, temporarily approved nonstandard container sizes of contract formulas and the Enfamil NeuroPro product line will no longer be eligible for the WIC program. Enfamil Infant, Enfamil Gentlease and Enfamil Prosobee Simply Plant Based powder in the standard WIC size cans are available for purchase with WIC benefits. For more information, please see the formula guide below (can be clicked and downloaded).
How to Get an Appointment for Nutrition Services
To get an appointment for WIC a new client may call 1-866-942-9675 or come to the WIC office. An appointment for WIC will be scheduled within ten calendar days.
What to Bring with You
The following information is needed for each family member for whom you are completing the WIC application:
- Proof of identification (only one is needed): valid driver's license, Social Security Card, Medicaid Card, current military ID, birth certificate, immunization record.
- Proof of Residency (only one is needed) recent water or electric bill, recent cable, gas or telephone bill, current rental or mortgage agreement.
- Proof of Income (bring information for all household members): Medicaid Card, letter of Food Stamps certification or recent paycheck stubs or recent tax return for self-employed.
All family members that are to be enrolled on WIC must be present at the first WIC appointment. The immunization record must be brought to the first appointment for all children up to age 5 and infants. WIC certification includes an assessment of the client’s height, weight, hemoglobin, and nutritional intake. Income and health status are re-evaluated every six months while the client is on WIC.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Notice of Non Discrimination (Aviso de No Discriminación)
For CDC WIC Info visit the CDC page.